INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: WE WELCOME YOU!
We welcome international students to our campus. Your presence here further enhances our diversity
and rich campus culture.
Steps to Complete:
- Complete the Online Undergraduate Application Form and pay requisite fee. Please do so as early as possible to provide ample time for the immigration process. Completion of application form does not guarantee acceptance into The Institute. Please also be aware that acceptance into BAMSI does not guarantee that you will be granted a student visa by The Bahamas Department of Immigration.
- Submit Official copies of transcripts of all subjects completed at prior secondary and tertiary institutions. If these documents are not in English, a certified translation is required. It may also be necessary to have the qualifications assessed by international education credential evaluators such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators Inc, etc.* to determine equivalence to programs entry requirements.
- Applicants will follow the same application submission procedures as other applicants. Applicants whose first language is not English must also provide evidence of proficiency in English via an internationally recognized English Language test, such as the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- Once application process is successfully completed and you will be given a provisional acceptance letter to take to The Bahamas Department of Immigration. The applicant will have to obtain their own Study Permit.
- International Students must have the approval of the Immigration Department of The Bahamas to study at the Institute. Visit their site for more information and to apply www.immigration.gov.bs
- Submit enrollment deposit. This enrollment deposit will secure your place in the incoming class.
After you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you will be sent information regarding on-campus housing and you will have to complete the medical and mental evaluationform. BAMSI requires international students to have and show proof of additional insurance while here. You will also be sent detailed information regarding student orientation and other relevant activities.
- Provide evidence of financial support. Submit an affidavit of support letter and a bank letter addressed to BAMSI. The bank letter must state that you or your sponsor have the funds available to pay the total cost associated with attending The Institute for the length of your program. Please note that the bank letter must bear a date within six months of the date it is submitted.
If sponsored by a government or an institution, submit a government sponsorship letter or a notarized letter of support guaranteeing payment of tuition and fees, books, room and board, medical insurance, and personal expenses for the length of the program
- Submit proof of health insurance and immunization records
- If on-campus housing desired, submit housing deposit
- Follow the steps under Accepted Students.
* Applicants are responsible for all services and fees provided by the agencies listed above