Welcome to The Bahamas Agriculture and Marine Science Institute!
Welcome future BAMSI BOARS!
To enhance your experience, we offer Student Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (SOAR). S.O.A.R. allows you to learn about the Institute’s services, resources, and involvement opportunities. You will also participate in academic advising and register for FALL and SPRING classes. SOAR is vital to your successful transition into college.
Information will be provided on essentials such as tuition, scholarships and financial matters, ID’s, housing, services and student organizations. It is mandatory that all freshmen attend S.O.A.R. For more information, contact email@example.com or call us at our main campus 1-242-329-1700-2.
SOAR is only for new students who have been offered undergraduate admission to BAMSI.
Prior to attending S.O.A.R.:
- Be sure to complete the admissions process starting with the online application for general undergraduate admission and submit other required documents.
- Check your finances or your eligibility for The Government Tertiary Grant. Tuition is due at the time of class registration.
- New students must have PLACEMENT EXAMS scores prior to registering for classes unless they are Exempt. Please contact Student Affairs for additional information. If the PLACEMENT EXAM test is required, testing should be completed prior to the start of the S.O.A.R session. Please refer to the website for additional information, testing dates, times and location.
- Transfer students must have all official high school and college transcript(s) sent to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment prior to attending the SOAR session. Transfer students may be required to complete forms for exemption and credit transfer.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At SOAR you will be able to
- Meet with your Academic Advisor
- Register for classes
- Discuss various financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- Take your Student ID picture and complete other vital steps
- Talk with current students about their experiences
- Tour campus and other sites on North Andros
- Participate in other fun-filled and informative actitivies
- Access housing (as applicable)
- Complete your Next Steps
- *Pre-enrollment fees must be paid prior to attending SOAR. Onsite payments may incur late fees.
Note: Some activities may be amended to a virtual setting, as is required for health and safety.
VIRTUAL PARENTS EVENING
This is an exciting time for you and your family as your child begins his/her college adventure! We have intentionally designed separate orientation schedules for you and your child. You will have the opportunity to meet with the leadership of the Institute, speak to staff, faculty and other parents, as well as ask those important questions.
This program is designed to allow both you and your son/daughter to begin the transition to college. Make sure that you have completed the next step process before attending SOAR. To participate in SOAR, all students must confirm their admission by paying the new student fees.
PLEASE REFER TO WEBSITE FOR DATES and TIME FOR PARENTS EVENING OR CONTACT ADMISSIONS FOR MORE INFORMATION at email@example.com